Monday, October 20, 2014

Pishana 10-18

The team traveled to Pishana on Saturday to spend time with the kids. We are still trying to figure out how to best to work with twice as many children in this orphanage. We started out with a large group and played some games, had a skit telling the story of Eleazar finding Isaac a wife, and learned a Bible verse.


During small group time, the children acting out the story themselves, made bracelets, colored, and helped classmates celebrate their Birthdays.


The day ended playing outside and then back inside because it was quite cold!


The older children had a program that included interesting videos, fun games, small group discussion times, and tea time.


Comments from the volunteers:

That was a great day!

I had many great conversations with individual kids after the program for the older kids. I am so encouraged by this.

I helped a child do his dot to dot worksheet and helped him learn to count. I just couldn't believe he didn't know how to count. I am so glad I could help him with this.

I celebrated the Birthday of a child from Eastern Ukraine. I don't think anybody had really celebrated with him before. He was so happy to receive cards from America, fun gifts, and a cupcake with a candle.


We were also able to give several pairs of socks to each child.